Believe ir or not, smoking is one of the worst habits in the world. It is detrimental not only to your health, but also to those who are close to you. If anyone is willing to give up this habit, he or she can follow the following thirteen steps.
- At first take decision that why you want to give up smoking. For example, to avoid the risk of heart attack and cancer, for your family etc.
- Don’t try to give up excess smoking without any medication or therapy. Because, in many cases, brain becomes very much dependent on the nicotine of cigarette. So, before you give up smoking, think about alternate therapy.
- You can use chewing gum or lozenge as alternate of cigarette.
- Alternate medications/ drugs can be used.
- If you are not willing to do it alone, you can inspire your friends and family members (smoker) and declare to do it altogether.
- Try to reduce mental pressure and you can try some massage if you want.
- Avoid alcohol.
- To draw attention from smoking, you can do some household works.
- If you are failed, try again and again and promise not to fail this time like King Robert Bruce.
- Regular exercise is helpful.
- Eat a lots of vegetables and fruits in your daily menu.
I hope these steps will help anyone to give up smoking. And I believe, with the above all these, willingness works are much more effectively.
Please tell me what is your method to quit smoking. I would love to hear that. You might interest in my other natural ways to quit smoking tip here.