Good Snacks are something we always crave for. I am no execption. I like to eat snacks as well during spare time. Eating the right healthy snacks provide us carbohydrates, iron and other essential nutrients and also keep our energy up while on the other side there are certain snacks which are heavy in fat and have less nutritional value. Just like what we usually bought “potato chips” at grocery stores.
Who would not like to incorporate the healthy snacks in his or her diet and refrain from the bad ones? Listed below are those healthy snacks which are not only rich in nutritional value but would also assist in shedding some pounds off your body.
1. Plain or Low Fat Yogurt. Plain yogurt is among the top ones in the list of healthy snacks. It is low in sugar, a cup of which contains around 150 calories. It is one of the healthiest foods and is a good source of calcium and protein. For flavoring we can add some fruits like strawberry or blue berry (good anti oxidants which protect your heart). It also keeps your blood sugar and insulin levels at balance. Try picking yogurts that are low in fat and you will be munching on the best of healthy snack.
2. Vegetables. These are one of the best healthy snacks you can get with good levels of fiber which not only is good for digestion but also keeps your cholesterol on check. Carrots, frozen peas and corn are a good option so is celery. Vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, beets and asparagus are high in fiber, make your stomach feel full and satisfied and thus reduce your hunger, leading towards weight loss. These qualities surely make vegetables as one of the super healthy snacks.
3. Fruits. Fruits are a gift from God and rank high among healthy snacks. Full of vitamins and other essential minerals these apart from providing us the sweet flavor also can help keep one’s weight under watch. These can be eaten raw, mixed in a salad or part of a healthy snack. Frozen fruits also taste good and retain their nutritional value. Eating fruits increase volume and lessens calorie density and you can have the flavor of the best healthy snacks.
4. Soy Chips. Soy chips are an alternative to potato chips. So all of you who have stopped munching, start again! this time with soy chips. These are not only full of proteins and fibers but are also low in fats which surely give it a high ranking in healthy snacks. Recent researches reveal that soy chips pluck the weight from our fats and not from our muscles.
5. Go Nuts !. These are effective anti oxidants, meaning by that these are really good for heart and reduce the risks of chronic diseases. Nuts are one of the best healthy snacks and are rich in proteins, fibers and omega 3 fatty acids which help fight bad cholesterol and blood pressure. These are relatively high in calories so you might want to stick to lower quantities of nuts. They can also be consumed by combining them with other snacks such as yogurt to make a tasty combination.
Just by incorporating the above mentioned snacks in your diet, you can keep a check on your weight and also quench your munching desire.
These healthy snacks can be eaten as they are or can be combined together as per taste to make endless combinations. Just by eating the healthy snack in the right proportions guarantee you a healthy life and a weight that’s under your watch all the time.
So when next time when you go to grocery store, check your shopping cart if you have grabbed some “Frito Lay” potato chips and put into your cart. Try not to buy them as they are NOT a healthy snack!
Share this article with someone you care about their health. To find out more articles, visit my blog site at anytime.