It’s spring time now. I know a lot of people is suffering allergies problems. I am one of these people. You see, allergies occur when the body reacts to allergens. It is a normal adaptation of the body to defend itself against irritants like smoke, dust, pollen, pet dander and dust mites among others.
Allergies can be manifested by itchy and watery eyes, sneezing and a runny rose and even difficulty in breathing! Having difficulty in breathing calls for a doctor’s visit and should not be self treated at home as it can be very dangerous.
For other milder and non threatening symptoms, you can try the following allergy remedies at home.
- Drink plenty of water and other fluids like orange, pineapple and apple juice. Drinking fluids can help flush out toxins and also thin down secretions.
- Combine freshly squeezed juice from half of one lime with a glass of lukewarm water. It can help flush out toxins and also acts as an anti allergy. Take this concoction once a day every morning.
- For sneezing and a runny nose, you can make a homemade saline solution. Just combine 1 tablespoon of salt, a pint of lukewarm distilled water and a pinch of baking soda. Sniff a bit of this saline solution once or twice a day.
- Make some peppermint tea. Peppermint tea is a very good natural decongestant. It is also anti inflammatory and antibacterial. For homemade peppermint tea, combine ½ ounce of peppermint leaves (dried) and 2/3 quart of boiling water.
- Breathe steam to help clear your sinuses and nasal passages. Simply boil 2-3 cups of water and place it in a bowl, basin, or even the sink (make sure it’s plugged). Draping a towel over your head, start breathing the steam coming from the hot water for 10 minutes.
Whenever you have allegeric attacks you, try the above steps to relief the symptom. Read more articles from my blog