What Food That Dogs Should Not Eat and What To feed Your Dog

Some of the food are toxic for your dog. Be careful when you feed them.

Some of the food are toxic for your dog. Be careful when you feed them.

What to feed your dog? And what you should not feed your dog?  I have an answer for you.  Keep reading….

Giving in to those puppy eyes and handing your canine buddies a treat seem pretty harmless. That is, if the human treat you’re giving them is 100% safe and non-toxic. Here is a list of foods that you should never be fed to your canine buddies – no matter how cute they act up.

  • Grapes and Raisins

Grapes and raisins can cause lack of appetite, weakness, abdominal pain, dehydration and even kidney failure if fed to your dogs.

  • Xylitol

Xylitol is not only found in chewing gums but also in certain cookie brands. Xylitol is highly toxic leading to a drastic decrease in blood sugar in dogs which then leads to severe liver failure even at the smallest amount.

  • Onions and Garlic

    Dangerous Food for dogs

    Dangerous Food for dogs

Onions and garlic cause a decrease in red blood cells in dogs when consumed at certain amounts. Of course they are good for human but definitely NOT for your dog!

  • Macadamia Nuts and other nuts

Nuts generally cause vomiting in dogs. It can also lead to weakness, lethargy and depression.

  • Coffee, Chocolate and Tea

These three often contain caffeine which can are highly toxic to dogs. These food items can cause vomiting and hyperactivity and can lead to heart arrhythmias and seizures in dogs.

  • Cooked bones most especially from fish

Cooked bones are very much prone to breaking and can obstruct or lacerate your dog’s digestive system.

  • Food items and beverages with alcohol content

Alcohol can cause intoxication, coma and even death in dogs. You should always check food items for alcohol content before feeding them to your dogs.

So, what to feed your dog? I would recommended to read my previous articles on how to homemade dog food. I think you will like it.

For more articles, visit my Natural Health Care Reviews blog.

 

Comments

  1. About two years ago Anne and I lost our two dogs, Alley (Rottweiler) and Sarah (Doberman Pincher) to what turned out to be from toxins in their pet beds. We originally thought that it was their foo or water. We tested everything in the house, air,walls, carpet etc. When we tested their beds we found toxins. We purchased the beds from a local pet chain just like most people do. After that we did a lot of research on the subject. We posted an article on the subject after our research. We were devastated when we lost our dogs, they were only 4 years old. We don’t want this to happen to anyone else. Please read The Dangers of Cheap Dog Beds. Best to all.

Leave a Comment

Please, only use your real name, not your business name or keywords. We moderate all comments before they appear on our website and will delete and mark as spam anyone not using their real name.

*