I recently came across this website on Natural Healthcare reviews and found it extremely interesting and useful. I landed up on one post but I couldn’t control myself reading about one article after other.
I would like to introduce myself, I am the owner of Lunch Express which is a Lunch service provided to the people living
in bay area. My blog does not only talk about the service that we provide but also has lot of mouth watering recipes that we use in our business. At Lunch Express, we make sure that the food is cooked with 100% hygenie and is good for health.
Since I am in this business I am very much fond of spices and the benefits we can reap by using a particular spice. Therefore, today I would like to discuss about my favorite spice HALDI/Turmeric (I call it my favorite as I use it in almost all of my recipes).
Turmeric is used in Indian since about 3000 years ago. In India, it is used as an important spice, a important ingredient of beauty products and also used in spiritual/ religious ceremonies. Turmeric powder should be chosen carefully as these days it is mixed with other coloring agents. It is very important to use fresh and good quality turmeric.
In India, we call Turmeric with different names, and haldi being the most common name used throughout India. It s a spice with bright yellow color and as a spicy fragrance. It tastes a little bitter. It is not only an important ingredient in Indian Recipes but also has great significance in Indian Religion.
Uses of Turmeric:
- We use turmeric in almost all recipes as it impart a very good color to the foods. It is an important ingredient for curry powders. For example, at Lunch Express, we use Turmeric in Mushroom Curry, Pumpkin Curry, etc as well as in Dals/ Lentils like Dal Makhani
- Turmeric is known to be a great antiseptic.
- Turmeric mixed in with hot milk is very helpful to relax the sprains and makes the bones stronger.
- Turmeric is great for skin also. In old times and even today people in India make a haldi paste/ Turmeric paste and it is considered that it will make the skin glow.
- Application of haldi/turmeric paste before bath is helpful to avoid any skin problems.
- Turmeric has great digestive properties, turmeric and salt taken with warm water helps in reducing acidity almost instantly.
- Turmeric is very good for liver and helps in avoiding the liver problems caused by excess alcohol.
- Turmeric is a good treatment for treating arthritis and relives inflammation of wounds.
- Turmeric is a great cholesterol reducing agent.
Best way to Store Turmeric
Turmeric needs to be stored in a cool, dry place and dark place. It should be placed away from humidity also. If turmeric is left open to air, it will loose its flavor and aroma.
Please visit Lunch Express to explore the recipes where we use turmeric as an ingredient and lead a healthy life. Some of the recipes are :
4. Dum Aloo
5. Aloo Khaas