I am sure you know what dark eye circles means, right? If you do not know what it is, please continue to read. Dark eye circles are caused by several factors. For most people, dark circles are results of a lack in sleep. When a person lacks sleep, the skin becomes paler than usual giving other body parts with many nerves and blood vessels a bluish and darker tone.
Dark eye circles can also be caused by dehydration and iron deficiency. If your mother or your father has naturally dark eye circles, there’s a high chance that you will be having them too as dark eye circles are also hereditary.
Dark eye circles do not bring any type of harm in the body but it can be a very good downer for your self confidence. Here are a few treatments and preventive measures that you can do at home to prevent having dark eye circles.
- Make sure that you get enough rest. That means eight hours of sleep a day – otherwise you’ll wake up looking like a panda bear.
- Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate! There is no simpler way to prevent and get rid of dark eye circles than to keep count of your water intake. Make sure to drink at least eight glasses of water a day.
- Place a spoon in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. Cover your eyes using the frozen spoon until the spoon gets back to normal temperature.
- Boil some chamomile tea bags and let cool by rinsing with cold water. Hold it on your eyes for a good 20 minutes to reduce puffiness and lessen the dark shade.
- Use ice cold cucumber slices and place them on your eyes to reduce puffiness and tighten up the skin in the eye area.
Have you checked out my other articles, To get more articles, visit my blog at Natural Health Care Reviews