Do your eyes feel itchy, painful and feel like they are burning? Do you experience pain, blurred vision and sudden sensitivity to light? You might be having dry eyes syndrome.
Having dry eyes syndrome is the result of the malfunction of the tear glands wherein little to no amount of tears are produced.
Tears are very important to the eyes since they lubricate, moisturize and protect our eyes from various substances that can cause irritation. Here are a few tips to help prevent and remedy dry eyes.
- Avoid common causes or triggers for dry eyes. These may include one or several of the following:
- Drinking too much alcohol
- Using the computer for a long period of time.
- Exposure to high winds, air pollution and too much air conditioning
- Prolonged use of contact lenses
- Medications (If you are on medication, make sure to read the label and check for side effects.)
- Eat a well balanced diet including fruits and vegetables to ensure proper functioning of all the organs (including glands) in the body.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking eight to ten glasses of water a day.
- Apply warm compress on your eyes. Simply soak a piece of cloth or towel in warm water and place it over the eyes for a maximum of ten minutes. You can do this more than once a day but it is highly recommended that you apply warm compress first thing in the morning.
- Give your eyes a break. If your work involves reading, using the computer and other activities that stains out your eyes, take a minute or even a few seconds to blink, close your eyes or look away from what you are doing.
Let me know if you have better solution to treat dry eye, please share with my readers. To explore more articles, visit my website Natural Health Care Reviews.